Tuesday, August 21, 2018

FSJ Design Team Card #1

Every year FSJ says goodbye to the current Design Team and welcomes in a new group of Designers. Several weeks prior to announcing the names of the new team, they do a design call for submission of designs from anyone who is interested and willing to meet the requirements. This year in addition to submitting designs, FSJ required us to have specific social media requirements in place as well. Long story short, I completed everything, sent in photos of my all new design creations and was lucky to get selected to submit round two requirements. It was so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. After submitting my round two stuff, won't bore you with details, then we all had to wait until the choices were made. I did not get selected to be on the new Design Team. Insert very sad face here. Won't go into details on my feelings, let's just get to the good stuff and I will just show you what I submitted in the next several posts, ok? All these designs are complete originals created by me. They depict my style, my favorite colors and are all things I really enjoy creating. 


This first card I made uses the Cottage Blooms stamp set in the Good Life suite in the large 2018-2019 catalog. Saying I love this set might be an understatement. It is just so pretty and I love flowers and I love the stamp style of them too. It is an outline image but with some shading to make coloring them really fun but still easy. The wood grain paper behind the bouquet and the blue buffalo plaid paper are from the Good Life Prints paper. I sponged the edges of the blue plaid with the matching Chambray Shirt blue ink. The doily behind the wood grain oval is die cut using our doily die and the oval using our FSJ ovals with pierced edges. I fussy cut the flowers right to the edge of the stamped image leaving the stems on and positioned in a bundle with the blue bow holding them together. All coloring was done with the Color Burst pencils before I cut them out. I filled in the center of the three flowers with Journey Glaze and then sprinkled on Sparkle Cuts to make them shimmer. The greeting is from the same stamp set, fussy cut that too then placed on bottom left of bouquet using foam squares. The yellow flower in the bouquet is also raised up on foam squares as is the blue bow. Layers are doily, wood grain oval, flowers, bow then the greeting. Before attaching all this to card front I tied three rows of Natural Twine around the left side of the buffalo plaid on Chambray Shirt blue layer and attached this to Oatmeal Cookie card base with foam squares. I also rounded the corners of the blue layer and buffalo plaid printed paper. Final embellishment is three pearls at the top left edge of twine. 

Everyone puts their cards together differently so I hope these directions make sense to you. Everything on this card is a design element I really like and will probably use a lot. Very country sweet which makes my heart happy. Hopefully you enjoy it too. I am working on getting a supplies listing gadget so I can add that to the bottom of my post. Until I figure that out just leave me a comment if you need item numbers for ordering or have a question for me. Subscribe to follow my blog so you don't miss the next posts of what else I designed. It's up there, under the About Me blurb on the right hand side of all my posts. See you next time friends! 

Happy Stamping,
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment